In this episode, you will learn:
- The importance of asking “how can I be useful” instead of “how can I be successful” to achieve your goals
- How to communicate and pitch your ideas, products or services to people by outlining their pain points, instead of communicating features.
- How to get clear on the problem that you solve before you even talk about the product.
- Why building a solid business is not just about “out of the box thinking” but great execution.
This week on the Power of Why I sat down with David Beckett. David is the creator of Best3Minutes Pitch Methodology a Pitch Coach, TEDx Speech Coach, Creator of The Pitch Canvas©, the Author of Pitch To Win, and named Freelancer of the Year (in 2019). He conducts pitch workshops for companies and startup accelerators – mainly across Europe and has also coached over 950 Startups to make outstanding pitches and raise over €270 Million investment.
The joy of seeing people being able to pitch. If people can be heard and listened a bit better that’s such gold dust. There are so many people that have such great stuff inside of them, but they just find it difficult to express it.
Resources & People Mentioned
- The Pitch Canvas©
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek