Murdock speaks truth to power: “You are constantly experiencing road closures, constantly experiencing pot holes, constantly experiencing detours – does that mean your destination has changed? No. But the way in which you get there has to change. Purpose says: “even amidst needing to change how you get there, never forget where you are going”. Think about it… no matter where you stand, a compass will always appropriate itself to always show you north. That is what purpose is. It is a constant reminder. It is an accountability tool to show you where you are going”. Want to learn more? Listen to this week’s episode…
Murdock shares his process towards progress: “We are constantly experiencing road closures, constantly experiencing pot holes, constantly experiencing detours – does that mean my destination has changed? No. But the way in which I get there has to change. What purpose does, is speak: “even amidst needing to change how I get there, never forget where you are going”. Think about it… no matter where you stand, a compass will always appropriate itself to always show you north. That is what purpose is. It is a constant reminder. It is an accountability tool to show you where you are going”.
Watch this episode if you are curious about learning from a PowerPreneur who is making moves in the creative and business space. He co-founded #Power Moves Only with Noah Warfield, and they are both living representations of what it means to live your life on purpose.
Connect with Murdock
Here are the show notes from Murdock’s episode and some of my favourite moments…
We are my why. At the end of every Moments with Murdock, Murdock is about we, and not me. And there is not one moment that I don’t spend not thinking about us. We are my why. From the person whose perspective has been misappropriated and misaligned in the media, to the person that was given access when they never had opportunity and were overwhelmed with information and were questioned and called out without the proper context and representation – that is the ‘we’ that I am talking about. We are always going to be here. Because we continue to survive. And that’s why I am here. And as long as we are still, you better believe imma keep on pushing on my process towards to progress.
EIGHT MEMORABLE MOMENTS WITH MURDOCK
- Murdock talks about experiencing burnout and how he took steps forward [07:40]
- The importance of #PowerMovesOnly and how Noah and Murdock are addressing needs in the community around leadership and professional development [10:00]
- The moment 12-year old Murdock was met with this burning call to be an advocate [11:36]
- Why Murdock considered dropping out of law school – a life-long dream of his and how he continued to persist [15:30]
- How to sit down and reflect on your journey and your “bruises and breakthroughs” [19:55]
- How do you know when you are making the right decision [23:00]?
- Murdock’s time spent creating the Process Towards Progress Mixtape [28:00]
- Murdock addresses the struggle and importance of being patient with yourself [37:41]
COOL PEOPLE & RESOURCES MENTIONED
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PowerofWhy on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to show how you are living out and exploring YOUR WHY.
You can find Anthony Murdock II’s work here:
- Register for the Seminar: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/make-it-make-ense-seminar-presented-by-murdock-llc-tickets-90922749391
- Power Moves Only: https://www.instagram.com/hashtagpmo/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonymurdockii/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amurdock_ii/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/amurdock_ii
You can find Naomi Haile’s work here:
- Website: www.naomihaile.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/naomiahaile/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/naomihail/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/naomiathaile
Thank you for listening to this episode with Anthony Murdock II.
Until next time,