“If you’re at the forefront, don’t just keep going forward, always make sure to check who’s behind you and help in any way that you can”.
– Priscilla Kosseim
It was incredible to connect with Priscilla Kosseim. She is a senior consultant in the areas of risk management, IT enhancement, business process improvement, and internal audit solutions for public and private enterprises. She is driven and focused on her career, while also developing practical solutions and delivering results by having the ability to integrate an IT risk mindset and a deep technical expertise into each of her engagements.
Born and raised in Montreal, Priscilla came down to study at Carleton University, in Ottawa. She has always been fascinated by exploring the world, disrupting herself, and doing more. She is the founder of the Carleton University Women in Business (CUWIB) student-led organization that strives to connect young women of today to become the business leaders of tomorrow. She is a raptors fan, a women’s advocate and the reason that I really wanted to chat with Priscilla was because of her exceptional ability to connect with people.
Priscilla is an award-winning digital strategist. She empowers marginalized and minority groups and is vocal in her efforts and advocacy. She helps clients manage internal business and IT risks, prevent cyber threats, protect data, systems and tech, and maximize data value.
Watch this episode, if you want to learn more about making the most of networking events, relationship building and Priscilla’s experience navigating the workplace as a woman of colour.
Let us know what resonates with you!
Connect with Priscilla Kosseim
Watch the episode on YouTube! Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or on your favourite podcast platform. Below are the show notes from the episode and highlights that Priscilla has shared based on her experiences.
Six Awe-IMPORTANT Moments
- Reach out to people that are in your network (or not) and learn more about them and what they do [10:10]
- What types of interactions / conversations Priscilla classifies as “pretty unremarkable” at networking events? [14:44]
- Relationship building is all about making connections and strengthening bonds with people [16:45]
- Peer mentorship is an incredible way to spend your time [26:00]
- Strategies for making the most of networking events by inviting people you know [27:13]
- Priscilla is starting to write a book to share the stories of underrepresented folks to share their journey with the purpose of helping others navigate their own journeys [51:00]
“I believe that I’m a disrupter. I’ve been put here to disrupt things. I constantly question the status quo. And I believe that I’m meant to make a difference here”.
Cool People & Things Referenced
- The National Security Law Today Podcast
- Womenpreneur, Strategies for Success by Smita Singh
- Defensive Security Podcast by Jerry Bell and Andrew Kalat
- The Bad Crypto Podcast by Joel and Travis
- The CyberWire Podcast
- Whiteboard Selling by Corey Sommers and David Jenkins
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PowerofWhyPodcast on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to show how you are living out and exploring your WHY.
Until next time,