Lauren is a social media strategist who works for a fast growing e-commerce company located in Ottawa! She shares insightful and incredibly practical personal branding strategies that you can use today.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT…
Lauren’s advice for those who are looking to make a career change: “Be open to the idea that your brand is going to be forever evolving and changing, just like you are”. She shares her experience when it comes to personal branding both online and offline.
I also asked her to share 3 questions that people can ask themselves if they are looking to develop their personal brand and be more consistent across their online platforms.
- Where do you want to be? Establish where you want to take your career.
- What is your biggest accomplishment that you feel passionate about? This is probably a good indication for what your strongest skill sets are.
- What is the first impression you want to leave with when you meet someone. What are some of the qualities that you want someone to take away after they have had a conversation with you?
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK…
- What does personal branding mean to you?
- Do you think that the strength and authenticity of your personal brand has anything to do with being successful?
- What would you say to those who are hesitant of putting themselves in a box with their brand? How does one later reinvent themselves?
- Do you think that it is easier or more difficult to share your brand in today’s age? With the internet, for example.
- Can you talk about the importance of building a personal brand and maintaining it? Is there any difference if you are a business owner or an employee?
- Building a personal brand requires thought, planning, marketing and knowledge of what you are good at, so what was your process for starting and continuing to build it?
Lauren’s WHY is to learn. Lauren feels that the more she learns, the easier and more opportunities that she will have to teach others.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Have something to say? Discuss this episode in the community!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode of the Power of WHY Podcast. What are ways you can be more intentional with your personal brand online to live a more authentic life? Leave a comment below and let’s chat!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #ThePowerofWHY to show how you are living out your WHY every day.
Thank you for listening!