Lara: “Service. Service is first thing that comes to mind. I believe that as a collective, our why is to make this world a pleasant place for all. And that includes me as an individual.
Let me know what you learned by tagging me, Lara, and the #PowerofWhy on Instagram
Lara talks about why she is intentional about EXPLORING. She is the definition of what it means to be diligent with your goals and business ventures. Her proudest achievements include successfully launching the first Pencils of Promise Club in Ottawa, starting an enterprise with a social purpose, Lawyerly, and moving to London, UK, to seek new challenges and opportunities.
As the CEO and the only business lead at Lawyerly, Lara’s role encompasses everything from funding, pitching to investors, budgeting, operations, marketing to project management. Lara is a self-starter with an exceptional history of working in business and law. From large organizations and the public sector to start-ups and self-employment, she has done and seen it all. I have to say, I really love Lara’s ability to merge her myriad of business development experience with an understanding of Canadian law and legal procedures.
Through a year of entrepreneurial work, she has proven to be a warrior and a challenger of the status quo by showing boldness and courage to pave her own way. Her successes as an entrepreneur were primarily contingent on being a self-starter with a vision, determination, perseverance and relentless work ethic.
Connect with Lara Hammoud:
Here are the show notes from Lara’s episode and some of my favourite moments…
Service. Service is first thing that comes to mind.
I believe that as a collective, our why is to make this world a pleasant place for all of us. And that includes me as an individual.
- Why it’s important to be resourceful and delve into trying a lot of different things at the early stage of building a business [19:48]
- What skills did Lara actively decide to build on in the areas of entrepreneurship, business development, and strategy? [23:40]
- Lara’s strategic approach to finding a company and role that aligns with her long-term goals [27:00]
- How Lara views failure and success on her journey [34:30]
- Why confidence runs supreme and how to be confident about yourself, learning from our mistakes and taking the steps forward with confidence and grace [39:00]
The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PowerofWhyPodcast on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to show how you are living out and exploring your WHY.
Thank you for listening to this episode with Lara Hammoud.
Until next time,