Akissi believes that “We don’t have to have all of the answers in front of us, but if you take that first step and a made up mind of saying ‘I don’t know what this journey will look like, but I’m not going to turn around and go back to where I just came from'”
Akissi Naomi Hill is an international speaker who is passionate about growth. Akissi is the CEO of Ambitious Girls Inc. She is a leader who uses a variety of mediums to get her powerful message across to the community on a local and global scale. Akissi is a speaker, presenter and panelist at conferences and events such as the International Business Retreat in South Africa and Paris-France, the National Association for Blacks in Criminal Justice in Phoenix, Arizona, and The African Women’s Health Project International “Youth Walk for Africa Press Conference”.
Akissi talks about why she is blessed to help women and girls around the world find their inner greatness, grow into themselves, and thrive as themselves and this was strong because, just like us all, there was time when she had no idea what her purpose was. Akissi loves helping others and she is often asked for advice on becoming or expanding as a Life Coach. She co-authored a book called, The Plan C book. Plan C is a comprehensive workbook for both aspiring and thriving coaches.
Let us know what resonates with you!
Connect with Akissi Hill
Six Awe-IMPORTANT Moments
- Why it’s important to have people in your life who can identity your gifts and talents [7:20]
- How Akissi’s idea for mentoring girls and women ORGANICALLY evolved into a community [20:00]
- Your purpose comes early – the signs for tuning into yours [38:44]
- How being honest about your journey can turn your life and the lives of others around through your work and purpose [39:55]
- “If you want to improve your life, you’ve got to improve yourself.” [41:15]
- Sharing the “behind the scenes” of your journey can be inspiration for those who look up to you, and may otherwise not see themselves in you [43:33]
I believe that I was meant to spread ambitious girl magic all around the world with women and girls, through teaching, speaking, coaching and advocating. The things that I do aren’t something that I can take for granted. I know what it feels like to know that you have a purpose, but also when it feels like you’re not good enough because of your circumstances. I’m able to empathize with those that I help, but I can also get them to see life outside the challenges, setbacks and obstacles. That they have everything that they need to continue the journey, but instead of going through the things, go through up, on and forward from them and into their purpose.
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PowerofWhyPodcast on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to show how you are living out and exploring your WHY.
Until next time,